HISTORICAL CENTRE OF RATES

Póvoa de Varzim
Description
The history of S. Pedro de Rates goes back to antiquity, but its golden age was certainly the Middle Ages when it was a major factor in the economic and cultural life of the region.It kept its independence for over six centuries and the main symbols of this are the old town hall building and the Manueline pillory, which is listed as a national monument.In 1836 it was absorbed into Póvoa de Varzim municipality. In the centre of this square, which is flanked by some of the nobler houses, stands the 18th century chapel of Senhor da Praça with its exuberant Baroque altars.


Location: Póvoa de Varzim
"O MARINHEIRO" RESTAURANT

"O MARINHEIRO" RESTAURANT

Located in Povoa de Varzim since 1984, "O Marinheiro" restaurant gathers all the necessary...
More info
"ZÉ DAS LETRAS" RESTAURANT

"ZÉ DAS LETRAS" RESTAURANT

Traditional restaurant with a very cozy decoration and some of the main dishes of the regional...
More info
Comments There are no comments from our visitors. Be the first to comment.
Evaluate: Make your evaluation