Alto da Fonte do Milho Archaeological Station

Peso da Régua
Description

Listed as a National Monument.

The Alto da Fonte do Milho Archaeological Station, or Castellum Romano, as it is also known, has occupied an area of about two and a half acres since the 1950s, on a spur overlooking the Douro Valley.

It was only in 1938, during some works there, that the site was identified and remains found that dated from a period between the 1st century BC and 4th/5th centuries AD. This Roman villa has a defensive system comprising two lines of schist walls with the respective access located in the south-west, a characteristic that, overall, confers on it the general designation of castellum or “fortified villa”. Some of the artefacts collected during the excavations are now on display in the Lamego Museum.

Location: Peso da Régua
Restaurant O Maleiro

Restaurant O Maleiro

"O Maleiro" has been a great pioneer in the restaurant scene in Régua since 1975. Located on the...
More info
Restaurante Ponto Final

Restaurante Ponto Final

It is a restaurant with traditional Portuguese cuisine.
More info
Comments There are no comments from our visitors. Be the first to comment.
Evaluate: Make your evaluation