BOM JESUS DOS TERRAMOTOS E PERSEGUIDOS STONE CROSS

Lamego
Description
The cross was built in 1757, in honour of Our Lady of Lapa. The column rises over a cubic base laid on a square granite step. The capital has two cartouches with the statutory inscriptions and, on the other sides, the representation of Saint Joseph and Saint Anthony. The three-foiled, radiated cross bears the crucified Jesus on one side, and Our Lady on the other side, referring to the invocation of Our Lady of Lapa, in a usual iconography for this kind of pattern.

Location: Lamego
Villa Hostilina

Villa Hostilina

A 19th century house, surrounded by vineyards and orchards, Villa Hostilina offers self-catering...
More info
Hotel Solar dos Pachecos

Hotel Solar dos Pachecos

A beautiful manor house, decorated by Architect Siza Vieira, with 15 well-appointed bedrooms....
More info
Restaurante Palácio

Restaurante Palácio

Regional Cuisine.
More info
Restaurant da Quinta de Ferra Bordão

Restaurant da Quinta de Ferra Bordão

Restaurant housed in a spacious Quinta, with a menu focused on traditional Portuguese dishes and...
More info
Comments There are no comments from our visitors. Be the first to comment.
Evaluate: Make your evaluation