BRITIANDE STONE PILLORY

Lamego
Description


The Stone Pillory, the St. Sebastian Chapel, the Main Church and the St. Antony House and Chapel constitute the Classified Heritage of Vila de Britiande, as Monuments of Public Interest. This stone pillory was built in 1550, as ordered by Jorge Lencastre, bastard son of King John II. It was demolished at an uncertain date and rebuilt by the Parish Council of Britiande in 1997. The capital and the pinnacle piece are the original ones. The steps and the shaft were built in the 20th century.

Location: Lamego
Casa de Santo António de Britiande

Casa de Santo António de Britiande

Casa de Santo António de Britiande is located in Largo de S. Sebastião, in Britiande, and...
More info
Muralha Charm House

Muralha Charm House

The Casa da Muralha, built around the XIX century and the two walls that surrounded the Castle...
More info
Restaurante "Pólo Norte"

Restaurante "Pólo Norte"

Cozy restaurant with traditional Portuguese food. Capacity for 350 people.
More info
Comments There are no comments from our visitors. Be the first to comment.
Evaluate: Make your evaluation