Espinho Parish Council Building

The building was built between 1870 and 1883, by the benefactor "Conde de Ferreira", integrated in the project of the construction of 120 primary schools across the country.

It had a rectangular plan, a simple construction and the facade of the building was placed at one end of the rectangle (12th Street).

In 1912, the building was rebuilt and renovated under the direction of the architect Avelino Vaz.

The project of rebuilding and expansion of the "new" school "Conde de Ferreira" was a remarkable work framed in the architecture used in the design of the original building. The new project was a kind of stylistic architecture in which the elements were harmoniously integrated in the structure and in the architecture of the previous building.

But, in 1997, due to the great state of degradation of building, the City Hall of Espinho decided to restore it and give it new functions.

For its architectural interest, all elements of the facade were reconstructed. The change was made inside, adapting it to the current valences: Parish Council of Espinho, Social Action Service, Exhibition Hall, Auditorium and also a Cafeteria.

Location: Espinho
Restaurant Uma Espécie de Tasco

Restaurant Uma Espécie de Tasco

Come taste our papas de sarrabulho, ham sandwiches, enchidos tiles, shrimp fries, bifanas,...
More info
Vegetarian Restaurant Terra Viva

Vegetarian Restaurant Terra Viva

Enjoy vegetarian food? Here we have varied vegetable dishes for all tastes. The soy meatballs...
More info
Comments There are no comments from our visitors. Be the first to comment.
Evaluate: Make your evaluation