Portada Nasoni proveniente do Palácio de Freixo

Ponte de Lima
Description
Classified as Monument of Public Interest

Originaly this frontispiece was in the Palácio do Freixo, in Porto, but it has been transfered to Casa da Torre das Donas, in Vitorino das Donas (Ponte de Lima), before of 1924. The reason usually cited for the change of location is the opening of the Coastal Road, next to the Palácio do Freixo, even though everything indicates that it has been acquired earlier by Russel Francisco de Sousa, who applied in its farm.
Summer residence of Dean Jerónimo de Noronha Tavora , the palace was designed by Nicolau Nasoni, whose link to this documentary work is proven by contract between the dean and master carpenter in 1750, where the name of the Italian architect is mentioned.

Location: Ponte de Lima
Quinta da Agra

Quinta da Agra

Surrounded by 7 ha of gardens with secular olive trees, Quinta da Agra is a pitoresque place to...
More info
Casa de São Gonçalo

Casa de São Gonçalo

Visitors will receive a warm welcome at Casa de S. Gonçalo, a 19th century house on the banks of...
More info
Santa Justa

Santa Justa

Typical restaurant with a good traditional cuisine and familiar atmosphere. Closed on thurdays...
More info
Sonho do Capitão

Sonho do Capitão

Restaurant with capacity for large events, groups or parties. Variety in the options of the menu...
More info
Comments There are no comments from our visitors. Be the first to comment.
Evaluate: Make your evaluation