The Church of Our Lady of Agony

Viana do Castelo
Description
The building of the Church of Our Lady of Agony, dating from the middle of the 18th century, is the result of the reconstruction of an old Chapel which was the last point in the way of the Cross. In this baroque example it is possible to point out some influences of the luso-Brazilian baroque style, including the remarkable altarpiece of the altars decorated with “large carved wood”, especially the cenotaph of the Passion designed by André Soares. The tower of 1868 was built disconnected from the rest of the building, to allow pilgrimmage around the church

Location: Viana do Castelo

Portuzelo "Castle"

RNAL Nº 41533/ALThe Castle is located 40 minutes from Porto (Francisco Sa Carneiro) airport,...
More info
Hotel Laranjeira

Hotel Laranjeira

Located in the Historical area of Viana do Castelo, the "Laranjeira" Residential is one of the...
More info
Restaurante Adega do Padrinho

Restaurante Adega do Padrinho

Restaurant located in the historic center of the city of Viana do Castelo, specializing in...
More info
Reguenga Restaurant

Reguenga Restaurant

Reguenga restaurant offers a varied selection of the best dishes from traditional Portuguese...
More info
Comments There are no comments from our visitors. Be the first to comment.
Evaluate: Make your evaluation