The Old Railway Station Building

Fafe
Description

In 1891, the government authorized the Companhia do Caminho de Ferro de Guimarães (Guimarães Railway Track Company) to build the railway connecting Guimarães with Fafe. The railway works lasted about four years. This railway was opened on the 21st/ July 1907. By the early 80s the train was one of the means of transport used from Porto, Trofa or Guimarães. However, as the modernization of the line and the equipment required large investments, the railway was closed. Ten years after, the old railway line between Fafe and Fareja was opened to the public as a cycling track, throughout 6 km. The former station building was restored to house municipal services and communities. In 1996 it started to host the Indaqua-Fafe Company.

Location: Fafe
Quinta de Casalermo - Rural Tourismo

Quinta de Casalermo - Rural Tourismo

Quiet and idyllic composed of oak, chestnut, wild cherry, alder and many fruit trees. With...
More info
Central

Central

The cuisine in the council of Fafe is enjoyed by locals and visitors. Restaurant Central is...
More info
O Fogueteiro

O Fogueteiro

The cuisine in the council of Fafe is enjoyed by locals and visitors. Restaurant O Fogueteiro is...
More info
Comments There are no comments from our visitors. Be the first to comment.
Evaluate: Make your evaluation