Casa Manuel Espregueira e Oliveira

Viana do Castelo
Description / Facilities


The “Casa Manuel Espregueira e Oliveira” was acquired in 1900 by the renowned Dr. Luiz Augusto de Oliveira , medical, military and a great collector of works of art . Lived with his family until his death in 1927 , having been delivered by inheritance to his son, Manuel Espregueira e Oliveira, himself also a distinguished figure and benefactor of the city of Viana do Castelo .
It was he who , to fulfill the will of his father , donated by testament to the Municipal Museum of Viana do Castelo in 1949 , all the stuffing , composed of valuable works of art , stoneware , furniture of various styles and fabrics that, even today, can be found in the Museum of Decorative Arts in Viana do Castelo in the Square de S. Domingos, transferred after the death of Manuel Oliveira and Espregueira in 1953.
The current owners purchased the house in 2004 . Feeling the need to rebuild because it is a valuable work of art, but also because it could be an asset to the city in order to be visited by all who appreciate art , history and culture, the owners bet on Tourism Housing .
Now a days, Casa Manuel Espregueira e Oliveira consists of an equipment of excellent quality in the historical center of the city of Viana do Castelo , with six suites overlooking the sea , river and mountain, is still equipped with a library, auditorium, dining room , balcony overlooking Santa Luzía , multipurpose hall, auditorium and garden. Giving those who visit us , moments of comfort , peace and relaxation in the heart of Viana do Castelo.
Address: Rua Manuel Espregueira, 188/190 4900-318 VIANA DO CASTELO
Phone: 258407336
ARTE NA LEIRA - 20ª EDIÇÃO BY MÁRIO ROCHA

ARTE NA LEIRA - 20ª EDIÇÃO BY MÁRIO ROCHA

20 Jul 2020 to 23 Aug 2021
The House of Marco in Arga Low in the months of July and August, becomes a magnificent gallery,...
Restaurante O Vasco

Restaurante O Vasco

Regional cuisine restaurant, located in the historic centre of Viana do Castelo. Specialties:...
More info
Restaurante O Marquês

Restaurante O Marquês

Regional cuisine restaurant, located on the shore. Capacity: 35 persons. Closing day:...
More info

The Museum of Decoratives Arts

The Museum of Decoratives Arts Housed since 1923 in a beautiful baroque building, which in itself is worth a visit, the museum has an exceptional collection...

Ponte Eiffel

It was inaugurated the 30th of June of 1878, in the time of the iron architecture. Designed by the famous Eiffel House, the metallic bridge over the "Rio...
Comments There are no comments from our visitors. Be the first to comment.
Evaluate: Make your evaluation