Palmeira de Faro Motorized Tour

Esposende
Description

The Fort of Senhor do Desamparados owns this curious name for his latest military use: during the French invasion in the early XIX century, the inhabitants of the neighborhood went to the fort where they resisted the invaders... an allegory to the antiquated builders who made this town.
The chapel was erected on top of the fort, between the years 1825 and 1826, in response to a promise made during the French invasions. The temple faces the east, is rectangular and it was all built in stone, including the cover. In 1976 it underwent restoration.
In Place of Susão, the house of the writer Manuel de Bonaventure, who was from Vila Cha (1885 – 1973).
The Dolmen of Cimo de Vila in Terroso, next to a wall and within a property, is a megalithic monument consists of extensive remnants of a mound of earth and four large granite slabs: two showed traces of the cornerstones of rock engravings.
From the hill we could see Mount Faro to the west, the entire Atlantic coast between Póvoa de Varzim and Esposende.

Location: Esposende
Service station for motorhomes

Service station for motorhomes

Free to use, Esposende now provides a station for caravanning and picnic area.
More info
Estrela do Faro Restaurant

Estrela do Faro Restaurant

Simple and family restaurant located on the ground floor of a house by the roadside, serving...
More info
Comments There are no comments from our visitors. Be the first to comment.
Evaluate: Make your evaluation