Pelourinho de Paredes (Paredes Pillory)

Paredes
Description

It was built on an unknown date, but at least a century before 1844, date when the village was rise to a town. The Pelourinho has both, several elements of modern reconstruction, and original elements of great interest.

Located next to the Academy of Music, formerly the building of the Town Hall, the Pelourinho is based on a platform of three squared steps on which lays a cubic plinth. The column has cylindrical shaft supporting a rectangular tray with small columns with a pointed pinnacleat the corners.
In the center of the tray rises a wide coat of arms, decorated with the national shield, among rich baroque ornamentation. It still has the metal ring in the middle of the shaft. It is classified as Property of Public Interest.

Location: Paredes
O Casarão

O Casarão

"The Municipality of Penafiel has ancestral references in the product Gastronomy and Wines.The...
More info
Adega Pintassilgo

Adega Pintassilgo

"The Municipality of Penafiel has ancestral references in the product Gastronomy and Wines.The...
More info
Comments There are no comments from our visitors. Be the first to comment.
Evaluate: Make your evaluation