Quinta dos Frades – Folgosa

Armamar
Description
Right next to Folgosa it is one of the largest Quintas around Douro: Quinta dos Frades. Quinta da Folgosa, as was formerly called, belonged to the Monastery of Salzedas for donation since 1256 (hence the subsequent designation of Quinta dos Frades). After the extinction of the religious orders, the farm was bought by public auction on November 6, 1841 by the 1st Baron of Folgosa, Jerónimo de Almeida Brandão and Sousa.





 

Location: Armamar
Casa Agricola de cevêr

Casa Agricola de cevêr

This set of Estate and House is a good example of a Douro productive farm, wich attracted the...
More info
Pastelaria Solar Espirito Santo

Pastelaria Solar Espirito Santo

Open every day.  Opening hours: 7:00h-2:00hCapacity: 150 Pax Specialties: "Bôla folhada",...
More info
Quinta do Portal Restaurant

Quinta do Portal Restaurant

Enjoy and delight with the proposals of the Chef Milton Ferreira, who, by using the products and...
More info
Comments There are no comments from our visitors. Be the first to comment.
Evaluate: Make your evaluation